Physical Therapy in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
If you are interested in a career in physical therapy or undertaking a learning more about a physical therapy by studying and undertaking relevant education and course work in Boone NC, this article will guide provide you with some insights into the role of a physical therapist and the suggest relevant education and courses you can undertake in Boone NC.
Today, one of the fastest growing areas of medicine around the world and in Boone NC is physical therapy, and thus one of the most demanded jobs is definitely a profession of a physical therapist. These days, many people cannot imagine their lives without sport and thus, there are more and more injuries related to sport traumas. The profession of a physical therapist mainly involves working with such patients. However, one should not forget that physical therapist works not only with sports people, but also with everyone who had surgery after he/she had been injured in some way; the trauma may occur as a complication after the illness or as a result of any kind of accident. In these instances, one will be assisted by the physical therapist in the process of rehabilitation. The therapists in Boone NC are the licensed medical workers providing their services in hospital centers around Boone NC and surrounding areas. Those professionals can specialize in many possible areas. The most common are orthopedic, neurological, cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, geriatrics and acute care. Physical Therapy plays an important role in lives of patients as they help people recover and get back to their normal life. Physical therapist assistants’ help patients restore motor skills, strength, balance, overcome neurological disorders, as well as improve cognitive and sensory abilities. Nowadays, physiotherapy assistants in Boone NC have become essential because these specialists may work in different settings, such as schools, healthcare agencies and nursing care facilities. If you decide to dedicate your life to physical therapy, you should be ready to learn a lot by undertaking relevant education as provided by specialized courses by schools in Boone NC and greater North Carolina.
Typical Activities Involved in Being a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
Though there are many areas of specialization in physical therapy in Boone NC, each one requires the physical therapist to have some basic knowledge and following certain procedures. Here are some of the basic activities that are involved in being a physical therapist:
- Examining the patient, evaluating and diagnosing the disease;
- Coming up with the rehabilitation plan;
- Making a plan or prognosis for the patient;
- Developing a course of exercises and manipulations required for the patient on an individual basis;
- Keeping records of patient’s success and modifying the program if necessary; and
- Coordinating the actions of other medical professionals, when working in a team, in order to reach maximum positive results.
To perform these activities, specialized knowledge is required, however this can be obtained through studying relevant courses at specialized schools and training facilities in Boone NC and greater North Carolina as detailed below.
Physical Therapy Schools in North Carolina
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BS Health Science (Post PTA)
- AAS Physical Therapist Assistant
- AS Occupational Therapy Assistant
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
Logan is a non-profit university founded in 1935. Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences since 2012.
- Master of Science - Sports Science & Rehabilitation
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Massage Therapy - Certificate
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Specific Study and Courses to Become a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
As you can see, all those activities require from an individual much knowledge in different areas of human health. Thus, a physical therapist should get an appropriate education and training by undertaking relevant study in local schools in Boone NC. A number of universities, however, there are usually three basic steps one should overcome to get a job of a Physical Therapist in Boone NC:
- The first thing to do is to graduate from some physical therapist educational program and obtain a degree (doctoral or master’s);
- The next step is to take specialized courses in physics, biology, anatomy, physiology, kinetics and chemistry and a number of others from a local school or training provider in Boone NC, as they are all necessary to be a professional in the field of physical therapy;
- The third step, which deserves much attention, is getting a license. One should take the National Physical Therapy Exam to prove the ability to work as physical therapist; and
- In addition, one should constantly take this exam from time to time in order to prove license and stay in the field. Moreover, continued education is a characteristic of this profession. The therapist should maintain his/her certification to keep abreast of the professional demands and work with patents by taking regular courses and trainings available from most local education and training providers in Boone NC.
Academic Subjects that Are Covered by Studying to become a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
Different programs offer different curriculum. Generally, the basic courses you will undertake include:
- Basics of medical science
- Pathology course
- Rehabilitation course
In addition, there will be many subjects to learn, such as human growth and development, biomechanics, neuroanatomy, sports medicine, and many, many others based on the program you choose. The internship and supervised clinical experience are also part of the course when studying in Boone NC.
Skills Necessary to Be a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
The skills required from the physical therapist are consistent with those outlined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). It goes without saying that there are many skills that one should have, but let us focus on the basic ones – each physical therapist should:
- Review all systems of the body and prescribe adequate therapy program;
- Determine and perform tests to adequately characterize the patient’s state;
- Be able to use all supportive devices, such as walkers and wheelchairs;
- Be ready to quickly act in case of emergency;
- Have strong decision-making skills;
- Develop strong communication skills and basic knowledge of human psychology as therapists deal with people who experience pain and discomfort, and also interact with families of those patients; and
- Have an inquiring mind and always improve their knowledge to keep abreast of the latest changes and improvements in the professional field.
Strong professional skills, practice management and responsibility are also important for the one who wants to enroll in the profession of a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and greater North Carolina
How Much Does a Physical Therapist Earn in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina?
Considering the growing demand for physical therapists’ services in Boone NC and throughout the country, and the role they play in patients’ treatment, their salary is comparably high, if the pays of other professionals in the healthcare are taken into account. According to the reports from Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median physical therapist’s salary amounts to $78,270, and as per job outlook, it is evident that it constantly increases because in 2002, the pay was $59,000. As you see, the area of physical therapy is developing, so you may be sure that all your efforts spent on mastering the profession of physical therapist, including undertaking relevant education and study at local schools in Boone NC, will be highly regarded with appropriate pay and remuneration.