Physical Therapy in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
If you are interested in a career in physical therapy or undertaking a learning more about a physical therapy by studying and undertaking relevant education and course work in Boone NC, this article will guide provide you with some insights into the role of a physical therapist and the suggest relevant education and courses you can undertake in Boone NC.
Today, one of the fastest growing areas of medicine around the world and in Boone NC is physical therapy, and thus one of the most demanded jobs is definitely a profession of a physical therapist. These days, many people cannot imagine their lives without sport and thus, there are more and more injuries related to sport traumas. The profession of a physical therapist mainly involves working with such patients. However, one should not forget that physical therapist works not only with sports people, but also with everyone who had surgery after he/she had been injured in some way; the trauma may occur as a complication after the illness or as a result of any kind of accident. In these instances, one will be assisted by the physical therapist in the process of rehabilitation. The therapists in Boone NC are the licensed medical workers providing their services in hospital centers around Boone NC and surrounding areas. Those professionals can specialize in many possible areas. The most common are orthopedic, neurological, cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, geriatrics and acute care. Physical Therapy plays an important role in lives of patients as they help people recover and get back to their normal life. Physical therapist assistants’ help patients restore motor skills, strength, balance, overcome neurological disorders, as well as improve cognitive and sensory abilities. Nowadays, physiotherapy assistants in Boone NC have become essential because these specialists may work in different settings, such as schools, healthcare agencies and nursing care facilities. If you decide to dedicate your life to physical therapy, you should be ready to learn a lot by undertaking relevant education as provided by specialized courses by schools in Boone NC and greater North Carolina.
Typical Activities Involved in Being a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
Though there are many areas of specialization in physical therapy in Boone NC, each one requires the physical therapist to have some basic knowledge and following certain procedures. Here are some of the basic activities that are involved in being a physical therapist:
- Examining the patient, evaluating and diagnosing the disease;
- Coming up with the rehabilitation plan;
- Making a plan or prognosis for the patient;
- Developing a course of exercises and manipulations required for the patient on an individual basis;
- Keeping records of patient’s success and modifying the program if necessary; and
- Coordinating the actions of other medical professionals, when working in a team, in order to reach maximum positive results.
To perform these activities, specialized knowledge is required, however this can be obtained through studying relevant courses at specialized schools and training facilities in Boone NC and greater North Carolina as detailed below.
Physical Therapy Schools in North Carolina
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BS Health Science (Post PTA)
- AAS Physical Therapist Assistant
- AAS Occupational Therapy Assistant
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Cosmetology
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
Specific Study and Courses to Become a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
As you can see, all those activities require from an individual much knowledge in different areas of human health. Thus, a physical therapist should get an appropriate education and training by undertaking relevant study in local schools in Boone NC. A number of universities, however, there are usually three basic steps one should overcome to get a job of a Physical Therapist in Boone NC:
- The first thing to do is to graduate from some physical therapist educational program and obtain a degree (doctoral or master’s);
- The next step is to take specialized courses in physics, biology, anatomy, physiology, kinetics and chemistry and a number of others from a local school or training provider in Boone NC, as they are all necessary to be a professional in the field of physical therapy;
- The third step, which deserves much attention, is getting a license. One should take the National Physical Therapy Exam to prove the ability to work as physical therapist; and
- In addition, one should constantly take this exam from time to time in order to prove license and stay in the field. Moreover, continued education is a characteristic of this profession. The therapist should maintain his/her certification to keep abreast of the professional demands and work with patents by taking regular courses and trainings available from most local education and training providers in Boone NC.
Academic Subjects that Are Covered by Studying to become a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
Different programs offer different curriculum. Generally, the basic courses you will undertake include:
- Basics of medical science
- Pathology course
- Rehabilitation course
In addition, there will be many subjects to learn, such as human growth and development, biomechanics, neuroanatomy, sports medicine, and many, many others based on the program you choose. The internship and supervised clinical experience are also part of the course when studying in Boone NC.
Skills Necessary to Be a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina
The skills required from the physical therapist are consistent with those outlined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). It goes without saying that there are many skills that one should have, but let us focus on the basic ones – each physical therapist should:
- Review all systems of the body and prescribe adequate therapy program;
- Determine and perform tests to adequately characterize the patient’s state;
- Be able to use all supportive devices, such as walkers and wheelchairs;
- Be ready to quickly act in case of emergency;
- Have strong decision-making skills;
- Develop strong communication skills and basic knowledge of human psychology as therapists deal with people who experience pain and discomfort, and also interact with families of those patients; and
- Have an inquiring mind and always improve their knowledge to keep abreast of the latest changes and improvements in the professional field.
Strong professional skills, practice management and responsibility are also important for the one who wants to enroll in the profession of a Physical Therapist in Boone NC and greater North Carolina
How Much Does a Physical Therapist Earn in Boone NC and Greater North Carolina?
Considering the growing demand for physical therapists’ services in Boone NC and throughout the country, and the role they play in patients’ treatment, their salary is comparably high, if the pays of other professionals in the healthcare are taken into account. According to the reports from Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median physical therapist’s salary amounts to $78,270, and as per job outlook, it is evident that it constantly increases because in 2002, the pay was $59,000. As you see, the area of physical therapy is developing, so you may be sure that all your efforts spent on mastering the profession of physical therapist, including undertaking relevant education and study at local schools in Boone NC, will be highly regarded with appropriate pay and remuneration.